How to Update Firmware and FPGA Images for the N2xx and NI 292x USRP
Primary Software Version: 1.5
Primary Software Fixed Version: N/A
Secondary Software: N/A
Hardware: Modular Instruments>>RF Measurement Devices>>PXI-5670
I recently downloaded a new driver for my N2xx or NI 292x USRP. The driver uses a different FPGA image and different firmware than the previous driver I was using. How do I change the FPGA image and the firmware?
The firmware and FPGA images for the USRP N2xx and NI 292x devices are stored in the
device internal memory. You can program the device over the network to update or change the
firmware and FPGA images.
1. Verify that the host Ethernet interface is configured as specified in section 5. Installing and
Configuring the Hardware.
2. Select Start»All Programs»National Instruments»NI-USRP»NI-USRP Configuration
Utility to open the NI-USRP Configuration Utility.
3. Select the N2xx/NI-292x Image Updater tab. The utility should automatically populate
the Firmware Image and FPGA Image fields with the paths to the default firmware and
FPGA image files. If you want to use different files, click the Browse button next to the file
you want to change, and navigate to the file you want to use.
4. The utility updates the firmware and FPGA images in a single operation. Verify that the
firmware and FPGA image paths are entered correctly. The utility should appear similar to
the figure below.
5. Click the Find Devices button to scan for USRP devices and update the device list. If your
NI USRP-292x Getting Started Guide
Report Date: 04/03/2012
Last Updated: 04/10/2012
Document ID: 5W2EDF27