|This Document is not yet Rated
Why is My Citadel Database Missing After Renaming My Computer?
LabVIEW Modules>>LabVIEW DSC Module
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I am using the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module to log data to Citadel. Recently, my network administrator forced me to change the name of the computer that is running DSC. After doing this, all of my Citadel databases disappeared from MAX. How do I get the databases back?
In most cases, all you will need to do is re-attach the database to be able to view it again. To do this, follow these steps:
Related Links: KnowledgeBase 2AOA4OLS. Troubleshooting ODBC Connection Problems to the Citadel Database
- Open MAX and go to the Citadel Universe
- Under the Universe Tree, you will see your computer name. If this computer name is incorrect or if you only see Network, then you will need to modify the registry. Follow the steps below: (Note: Caution is needed when modifying the registry. You may want to backup the registry before editing.)
- Exit MAX
- Go to Start»Run and enter "regedit"
- Find the following Key:
- Delete the MachineName entry. This entry is not needed with recent versions of Logos
- Reboot the computer
- Begin with Step 1 again
- Right-Click on the computer name and select Create/Attach Database.
- Either enter the name of the database manually or browse to the location on disk where the database is located.
- Click OK
- You should see the database appear under your computer name in the Citadel Universe