Installation of the Driver for the NI HDD-826x RAID Array
I would like to use the HDD-826x RAID array, but Windows does not recognize it. How do I install the driver on a Windows operating system?
The RAID system contains three main components:
Insert the NI-8262 into an express slot of the PXIe chassis and connect the NI-8262 to the HDD-826x with the x4 cable link. The cable does not have polarity, so you can connect either end to either the RAID array or chassis.
Turning on the power supply of the HDD-826x should not power on the RAID array. When the switch is in the ON position it enables the RAID array to be powered on by the host controller. Once the PXI system has been powered on and Windows has been loaded, the Found New Hardware Wizard will launch asking for a driver for the RAID array. Then proceed with the following steps:
2. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)
3. Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install
4. Click the Have Disk... button to launch the browse dialog box
5. Click the Browse button
6. Navigate to the driver files directory and select the
7. After the computer has rebooted select Start, then right-click My Computer»Manage. This will launch Windows computer management dialog box.
9. If the RAID array has previously been partitioned, skip to step 10. Otherwise, right-click the unallocated drive and select New Partition. Specify the volume size, volume label, file system, and formatting options.
Note: If using the NI HDD-8363 with windows 32-bit operating systems, windows will only recognize partitions of 2 TB or less. Reference KnowledgeBase 4OQE9FS0: 2 Terabyte(TB) Plus RAID Array Not Found in Windows for additional information.
Data Streaming Help: Data Streaming Support
Products and Services: NI HDD-8263 - 4-Drive, 1 TB External RAID Enclosure
Products and Services: NI HDD-8264 - 12-Drive, 3 TB External RAID Enclosure
Product Manuals: HDD-8263/8264 Installation Guide
Example Program: Stream to Disk Using Win32 File IO
KnowledgeBase 4OQE9FS0: 2 Terabyte(TB) Plus RAID Array Not Found in Windows
KnowledgeBase 4L89JNQX: Where Can I Find Drivers for NI RAID Array Products?
Report Date: 08/28/2008
Last Updated: 01/09/2017
Document ID: 4OR7S5QX