|This Document is not yet Rated
How Do I Upgrade from the Evaluation Version of LabVIEW to a Purchased Development System?
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I have been using the LabVIEW evaluation software but recently purchased a LabVIEW license. Do I have to do anything special to install the licensed version that I purchased?
There is no need to install LabVIEW again, as everything needed for the full installation is already present for the evaluation. To access the activated development system, all you need to do is perform the following activation steps:Upgrading LabVIEW Evaluation Version to a Licensed Version
- Insert your LabVIEW Development System CD and install LabVIEW if you have not already done so.
- You will need the following information:
- LabVIEW Serial Number, included on the Certificate of Ownership.
- Computer ID, 16 digit string that uniquely identifies a computer. You can get your computer ID from NI License Manager, located in Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI License Manager.
- Activate LabVIEW through the NI License Manager which can be accessed in one of the follow ways:
- Open LabVIEW and choose Activate from the prompt
- Open NI License Manager by going to Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI License Manager, select LabVIEW system to be activated and select Activate.
- The NI License Manager will walk you through the activation process
- After completing these steps, you will be able to use your LabVIEW development system.
All of the VIs that you create in the evaluation version will work in a licensed development system.
Products and Services: Buy LabVIEWKnowledgeBase 1KPEIKU0: What Are the Limitations of the Evaluation Version of LabVIEW?