|| 3.70 out of 5
Setting the Order of Controls When a Tab Control Is on the Front Panel
LabVIEW Development Systems>>LabVIEW Full Development System
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I know that when my VI is running, I can press the <Tab> key and the focus shifts from one control to the next on the front panel. Normally, the order in which I created the controls determines the order in which I can tab through them, but I can change that by selecting Edit»Set Tabbing Order
. How do I set the order of controls on the front panel when a tab control also is on the front panel?
Consider the following issues when setting the order of controls with a tab control:
- The order in which you place controls on a page in a tab control is the order in which they are selected when you tab through them.
- You can set the order of the controls on an individual page of the tab control, as described below.
- You cannot press the <Tab> key to tab through the pages of a tab control. However, after you select the tab control, you can use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the pages of the Tab Control.
- The tab control is treated as a single object with respect to the order of controls on the front panel.
The following information also is located in the LabVIEW Help, which you can access by selecting Help»Search the LabVIEW Help...
Complete the following steps to set the order of the controls on a page in the tab control.
- Select the page you want to modify.
- Right-click the tab for that page and select Reorder Controls In Page from the shortcut menu. You can change the order of the controls on this page only.
- Select a different page to modify its control order.
For example, suppose you have a numeric control (Numeric1), a Boolean control (Boolean1), and a tab control (Tab1) on the front panel. The order of these controls is 0, 1, 2, respectively. The tab control contains its own numeric control (Numeric2) and Boolean control (Boolean2), which have their own order of 0 and 1, respectively. If you run the VI and press the <Tab> key, you cycle through the controls in this order: Numeric1, Boolean1, Tab1, Numeric2, Boolean2, Numeric1, Boolean1, Tab1, Numeric2, and so on.
Related Links: LabVIEW 2009 Help: Creating Tab Controls