|| 3.20 out of 5
Using LabWindows™/CVI 6.0 With IVI Compliance Package (ICP) 3.1
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
How can I use the IVI Compliance Package (ICP) 3.1 with LabWindows/CVI 6.0?
You need to follow the following steps in order to compile and build IVI drivers and applications in LabWindows/CVI 6.0 with ICP 3.1 and later.
Related Links: Interchangeable Virtual Instruments (IVI) - National Instruments
- Add IVI Include path to the LabWindows/CVI environment
- Select the Options»Include Paths… menu item
- Click the Switch Lists (F6) button to switch to the Applied to All Projects list
- Click the Add… button and type
\IVI_Directory\Include in the edit control, where
IVI_Directory is the the IVI Root Directory (typically
- Click OK.
- Note: All projects in LabWindows/CVI should now be able to find the appropriate IVI header files.
- Create a New Project and Load Programmer's Toolbox
- Create a new project
- Load the Programmer's toolbox Instrument»Load, which is found at
- Add import libraries
- Note: All IVI import library (.lib) files for the MSVC and Borland compiler compatibility mode are installed under
- If you are building an IVI specific driver, an IVI class driver, or any other application or library that uses one or more IVI Library (IVI Engine) functions, add the file
ivi.lib to your project. To do this, select the Edit»Add Files To Project…»Library (*.lib) menu option and add
\IVI\Lib\bc\ivi.lib as appropriate.
- Also add ole32.lib from
- If you are building an application that uses one or more IVI class drivers, add the appropriate class driver import library (ividmm.lib etc.) to your project.