Create Disconnected License Files for a Single User
Other NI Software>>NI Volume License Manager
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
How can I create disconnected license files for a user-based license?
Complete the following steps to create a disconnected license file for a single user:For VLM 3.0 and 3.1:
For VLM 2.1.1:
- Open NI VLM.
- Ensure that your license file contains a user-based license. You can confirm this by going to the Licenses tab and looking under the License Model column. User-based licenses will be listed as Named-User, as shown in the following image:
If your license only contains Computer-Based licenses, you will need to create computer-based disconnected licenses instead.
- In the left-hand pane, select the Users tab.
- If you are trying to create a disconnected license for a user that does not exist yet, you will need to add the user by following the instructions in Getting Started with NI VLM - Adding Client Permissions.
- Select the user you just created and click Disconnect in the left-hand column. This will take you through the Disconnection Wizard to generate a disconnected, user-based license file. It will consume only a single seat.
Related Links: KnowledgeBase 47IDGCQA: Getting Started with NI VLM - Adding Client PermissionsKnowledgeBase 47IET1QA: Getting Started with NI VLM - Creating a Disconnected or Home License
- Open NI VLM.
- Ensure that your license file contains a user-based license. User based licenses will say Named-User next to the product name.
If the computer to disconnect is already listed in VLM, skip to step 5.
- Click the Add Computer button to create the computer(s) that the generated disconnected license file(s) will be used on, and fill in the computer's information.
- Click the Users tab, and put a check next to the user that you previously created, as shown below. Click OK. Repeat steps 3-4 for additional computers if needed.
You will now be able to right-click on the computer(s) and select Disconnect
to create a disconnected license file(s). As the computer is associated with a single user, only a single seat will be consumed.
Note: The disconnected license file will not affect the existing user's permissions. The user will still be able to check out permissions from NI VLM over the network.