|| 4.25 out of 5
How Do I Change The Boot Screen on my XP Embedded Touch Panel?
Industrial Communications>>HMI and Industrial PC>>TPC-2512
I am using an XP Embedded Touch Panel and would like to customize the boot/splash screen. How do I go about doing this?
To customize the boot/splash screen of an XP Embedded Touch Panel, follow the steps below.
- Create a custom bitmap file of the image to replace the XP splash screen.
- Make sure the bitmap is only 16 colors (not 16-bit).
- The bitmap resolution must be 640x480.
- Name the bitmap boot.bmp and save it in C:\Windows
- Open the file: C:\boot.ini
- In this file locate the line similar to the following:
- multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Embedded" /fastdetect
- Append the flags /bootlogo /noguiboot to the line so it looks similar to:
- multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /bootlogo /noguiboot
- Save the boot.ini file and reboot.
Additionally, for more customization, if you would like to remove the screen that states "Windows is starting up", navigate to Control Panel » User Accounts » Change the way users log on or off
, and unselect Use Welcome Screen
Related Links: Product Page: NI TPC-2512 KnowledgeBase 402A280F: Changing the Startup Graphic on NI TPC-2006 and TPC-2012