How Do I Load the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Firmware Onto My Arduino Uno?
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I want to use the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Uno. How do I load the Arduino firmware onto my Arduino Uno?
Connect the Arduino Uno to your PC as described in KnowledgeBase 5INA7UYG: How do I Connect an Arduino Uno to my PC?
- Install the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino toolkit as described in KnowledgeBase 5L38JQYG: How do I Install the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Toolkit Using VIPM?.
- Open the Arduino IDE by browsing to the folder that you extracted in step 1 and double clicking arduino.exe
- The Arduino IDE will open. Click File»Open and browse to LIFA_Base.ino found in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 201x\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base
- Note: Older versions of the LIFA toolkit use the LVIFA_Base.pde file which would be found in the same location as above.
- Choose the Arduino board type by clicking Tools»Board»Arduino Uno
- Choose the COM port by clicking Tools»Serial Port and choosing the COM port that corresponds to your Arduino Uno.
- You can determine the COM port that corresponds to your Arduino Uno using the device manager by clicking Start»Control Panel»Device Manager and expanding Ports(LTP & COM).
- Click the Upload button to upload the firmware to the Arduino Uno.
- The Arduino IDE should report Done Uploading when the firmware has been successfully uploaded to the Arduino.
You are now ready to use the Arduino Uno with the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Uno. The LIFA toolkit contains a number of examples which can be accessed through the functions palette; this is a great place to start.
Related Links: KnowledgeBase 5INA7UYG: How do I Connect an Arduino Uno to my PC?