How Do I Load the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Firmware Onto My Arduino Uno?
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I want to use the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Uno. How do I load the Arduino firmware onto my Arduino Uno?
Connect the Arduino Uno to your PC as described in KB 5INA7UYG: How do I Connect an Arduino Uno to my PC?
- Install the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino toolkit as described in KB 5L38JQYG: How do I Install the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Toolkit Using VIPM? .
- Open the Arduino IDE by browsing to the folder that you extracted in step 1 and double clickingarduino.exe
- The Arduino IDE will open. Click File»Open and browse to LVIFA_Base.pde found in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LVIFA_Base
- Note: If the LVIFA_Base.pde is missing a copy can be downloaded from here.
- Choose the Arduino board type by clicking Tools»Board»Arduino Uno
- Choose the COM port by clicking Tools»Serial Port and choosing the COM port that corresponds to your Arduino Uno.
- You can determine the COM port that corresponds to your Arduino Uno using the device manager by clicking Start»Control Panel»Device Manager and expanding Ports(LTP & COM).
- Click the Upload button to upload the firmware to the Arduino Uno.
- The Arduino IDE should report Done Uploading when the firmware has been successfully uploaded to the Arduino.
You are now ready to use the Arduino Uno with the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Uno.
Related Links: Arduino Homepage Developer Zone Community: LabVIEW Interface for Arduino CommunityDeveloper Zone Community: LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Setup Procedure