|| 5 out of 5
How do I enable remote front panel support in LabVIEW 7.x?
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I am building an application into an executable using LabVIEW 7.x, and I would like to enable remote front panel support.
To enable remote front panel support in LabVIEW 7.x, steps must be taken on both the development and target machines as follows...
In LabVIEW on the Development Machine:
On the Target Machine:
- Go to Tools»Web Publishing Tool. Follow the directions to create an HTML document on your hard disk.
- Go to Tools»Build Application or Shared Library»Installer tab:
- Under the Advanced section, select Remote Panel License Support
- Under the Files section, select to attach the HTML file that you created in Step 1. Choose the Installation destination as the Install Directory, and type 'www' into the Installation destination subdirectory.
- Build the application.
- Install the Application.
- Verify that the www directory was created and that the HTML file is in that directory.
- Go to Tools»Options and select Web Server: Configuration.
- Click on Enable Web Server
- Make sure the Root Directory is the directory where the HTML file for your application is located.
- Open a web browser, and enter:
http://Host Computer IP Address/HTML filename.htm (or
.html) in the address bar .
Related Links: KB 3U5H27MY: How Can I Use Remote Front Panels With LabVIEW Executables? KB 2IDDCHB9. How Do I Use Remote Panels with an Application (EXE) Built in LabVIEW 6.1? Product Manuals: LabVIEW User Manual April 2003 National Instruments LabVIEW Support Homepage
You should be able to view your front panel in the browser window.