|| 4 out of 5
FTP Communication with the Compact Vision System (CVS 145x) and Smart Camera
Image Acquisition (IMAQ)>>CVS
I am trying to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to place a file on the Compact Vision System (CVS) or Smart Camera but there isn't any information on how to do this in the manual. How do I use FTP to access my target's file system?
There are three different ways to connect to a CVS or Smart Camera through FTP. See the following options for more detail.Option 1:
- Open Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) on the remote machine you are using to configure the CVS or Smart Camera.
- Expand the Remote Systems tab and select the target on your network.
- Right-click on the target and choose File Transfer to open a new window that will allow you to connect through FTP and transfer files.
Note: This option requires that LabVIEW Real-Time (RT) be installed in order to use the MAX FTP Client.
- Bring up a DOS prompt by typing cmd in the run prompt (accessed by going to Start»Run on a Windows computer).
- Type in ftp [IP address] where [IP address] is the IP address of the CVS or Smart Camera. This will connect you to the device through FTP.
Product Manuals: NI CVS-1450 Series User Manual
- Open the Window Explorer.
- Type ftp://[IP address] in the address field, where [IP address] is the IP address of the CVS or Smart Camera that you are trying to communicate with via FTP.
For example, if the IP address for your target is 10.0.27.89 then you would type ftp://10.0.27.89.
Product Manuals: NI 17xx Smart Camera User Manual
KnowledgeBase 41EATSYW: Compact Vision System (CVS) Troubleshooting