|| 1.90 out of 5
"Error -1073807202 : A code library required by VISA could not be located" When Using NI-VISA
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
Why do I receive error -1073807202 : A code library required by VISA could not be located
when attempting to use NI-VISA to communicate with hardware?
This error could occur because of the following reasons:
- NI-Serial or NI-VISA Software needs to be repaired
The earlier versions of NI-Serial (earlier than 1.6) would occasionally cause an error during reinstallation. When trying to run the program after doing a reinstallation, this error could occur. The solution in such a case would be removing the software completely from the system and performing a reinstallation or upgrading to a newer version of NI-VISA (see link below).
- NI-VISA not installed in the system at all
NI-VISA is required if you want to communicate through the serial port using LabVIEW. To verify if NI-VISA is installed, open Measurement & Automation Explorer, expand the "Software" section in the left column, and verify that NI-VISA appears in the list. If NI-VISA does not appear, download the current version of the NI-VISA driver (see link below). For instructions on installing VISA RT to a real-time device, please see the section below.
- Visa32.dll missing
This DLL should be located at WINDOWS\system32. If this DLL is missing for some reason, this error could occur. Copy the DLL from some other system when serial communication is working fine and place it here.
Note: NI-VISA can be obtained from the National Instruments Drivers page.
Installing NI-VISA and NI-Serial to a Real-Time System:
- Open Measurement and Automation Explorer
- Navigate to Remote Systems » Your Device's Hostname or IP.
- Right-click on Software.
- Select Add/Remove Software.
- Choose the option to perform a Custom software installation. NI MAX may prompt you with the warning below. Click Yes.
- Find the proper version of NI-VISA and NI-Serial and make sure the software you need is selected for installation.
Related Links: AE KB 42G1ETEI: NI-VISA Error 0xBFFF00A7 from Real-Time TargetDrivers and Updates: NI-VISANI-VISA Support