|| 4.32 out of 5
How Do I Connect An Arduino Uno to My PC?
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
I want to use the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Uno. How do I connect my Arduino Uno to my PC?
Complete the following steps to connect your Arduino Uno to your PC for use with the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino:
- Download the latest version of the Arduino IDE for your operating system from the following link: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software . Please note that if you will be using the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino toolkit that the last supported IDE version for the toolkit is 1.0.5.
- Extract the downloaded files to C:\Program Files.
- Attach the Arduino Uno to the PC using a USB cable.
- Windows will attempt to install drivers for the Arduino but will not be able to find the correct drivers. To confirm if the driver was installed or not, open the Windows Device Manager. In Windows 7, this can be done on clicking on Start, selecting Control Panel, and selecting Device Manager.
- Right click the Arduino Uno and select Properties. Click the Driver tab on the Arduino Uno properties window, then click Update Driver...
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Arduino-xxxx\drivers.
- Click Next.
- Click Close.
- The Arduino Uno should now be listed under Ports(COM&LPT) in the Windows Device Manager.
If you are using Linux, please complete the steps on the following webpage: External Link: Installing Arduino on Linux
KnowledgeBase 5LPAQIYG: How Do I Load the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Firmware onto My Arduino Uno?
External Link: Arduino - Homepage
External Link: Arduino - SoftwareExternal Link: Installing Arduino on Linux