|| 3.26 out of 5
Archived: Uninstalling NI-DAQ 6.8 and Other Components Installed by LabVIEW 6.0
This document has been archived and is no longer updated by National Instruments
|Note: This page is about NI-DAQ also known as Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy). NI-DAQmx replaced Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) in 2003. NI strongly recommends using NI-DAQmx for new designs and migrating existing Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) applications to NI-DAQmx. Please review the Getting Started with NI-DAQmx guide for more information on migration.|
Primary Software Version:
Primary Software Fixed Version:
How do I uninstall NI-DAQ 6.8, which is installed by LabVIEW 6.0? I cannot find NI-DAQ 6.8 in the Add/Remove Programs view in the Control Panel.
Because NI-DAQ 6.8 is integrated in the LabVIEW 6.0 installer, you must run the LabVIEW installer to modify or remove NI-DAQ 6.8. Complete the following steps to remove NI-DAQ 6.8.
- Open the Add/Remove Programs view in the Control Panel.
- Select NI LabVIEW 6.0 and click the Add/Remove button.
Windows 2000 users must click the Change. A window that is almost identical to the LabVIEW 6.0 Installation Wizard appears.
- Click the Add/Remove button in the Installation Wizard window to enter the LabVIEW 6i Setup.
- Inside the LabVIEW 6i Setup, click the NI-DAQ 6.8 directory to open a menu with the following options:
- Install on local hard drive.
- Install to run from a network.
- Make the entire feature unavailable.
- Select Make entire feature unavailable. Do not select the icon next to other options to avoid removing other features or LabVIEW itself.
- A red X appears by the name of features that will be removed.
- Click Next, which opens a window that asks if you want to complete the installation. Click Next again to remove the selected features.
- Restart your computer.
Note: These steps also apply to other components installed by LabVIEW 6.0. To remove components other than NI-DAQ 6.8, select the component you want to remove instead of NI-DAQ 6.8 in step 4.
Related Links: KnowledgeBase 20D99DYF: What Should I Know about Installing LabVIEW 6.0?